"What we really want to do is what we are really meant to do. When we do what we are meant to do, money comes to us, doors open for us, we feel useful, and the work we do feels like play to us." - Julia Cameron ***This blog is an expression of what I was meant to do. What I really wanted to do was to live a creative life, to fill it with zeal and delight, and to be beacon of light to the world. You are welcome to join me in this journey.***

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

What I remember from the Personal Leadership Effectiveness Seminars

I am a sucker for seminars. In fact, you may call me a "seminarian", not in the religious context, but rather, a term I would use to describe "a lover of seminars".

I got addicted to them since I took my first PSI Basic seminar in Sept. 2004. Since I started taking PSI Basic, I continued on with all other series from the same organization and also from the "other" organization...OCCI. After the Basic, I took my Heroic, and then ALC, LEAP. I have staffed FLEX, ALC, Heroic and have plans to staff to coach in LEAP and possibly take Shooters in the future.

I guess this is my means of understanding myself better. Funny how I have to shell out good money to buy pricey nice-covered self-help books, dedicate some precious weekends, and invest quite a fortune to enroll in the so-called personal leadership seminars just to understand myself, accept myself, and just be myself.

Shouldn't this be common sense? No it's not. At least not for me. I am a person who needs to have everything spelled out for me. It is rather embarrassing to have to admit to such a self-defeating remark but then that's the way I am and I just have to accept it.

Anyway, enough of the intro. I just would like to put into writing, the thoughts that have been inhabiting my thoughts for quite some time no. It leaves the recesses of my mind and then returns. Thus, I'm finally giving it an outlet.

What I remember from the Personal Leadership Effectiveness Seminars:

PSI

Statements…

“Today is the first day of the rest of my life.”
“Today is the last day of the rest of my life.”
“Vote black.”

Songs…

“With all your heart, I know you can do anything…with a little faith, you can reach right up to the highest star. There’s no mountain you can’t climb, just look inside your heart you’ll find the strength inside, all you have to do is try with all your heart.”

“Straight as the arrow flies, I will run towards the finish line. With all the strength I found, my feet will touch the ground, I will scale the heights if I believe the wings of faith will carry me. I’ll go the distance just to reach the arms I’m running to. I’ll go the extra mile for you.”


OCCI

Statements…

“Every moment is a moment of choice.”
“So, what now?”
Smokescreen: “My way, highway.” “I’m not good enough.” “Less than!”

Songs…

“Some dreams live on in time forever. Those dreams you want with all your heart. And I’ll do whatever it takes, follow through with the promise I make. Put it all on the line, what I hope for at last will be mine. If I could reach higher, just for one moment touch the sky, from that one moment in my life, I’m gonna be stronger. Know that I’ve tried my very best, I put my spirit to the test, if I could reach.”

“Something has changed within me, something is not the same. I'm through with playing by the rules of someone else's game. Too late for second-guessing, too late to go back to sleep. It's time to trust my instincts, close my eyes: and leap! It's time to try defying gravity. I think I'll try defying gravity. And you can't pull me down!”

“We were strangers on a crazy adventure. Never dreaming, how our dreams would come true. Now here we stand, unafraid of the future, at the beginning with you. And life is a road that I wanna keep going. Love is a river, I wanna keep flowing. Life is a road, now and forever, wonderful journey. I’ll be there when the world stops turning. I’ll be there when the storm is through. In the end I wanna be standing at the beginning with you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home