"What we really want to do is what we are really meant to do. When we do what we are meant to do, money comes to us, doors open for us, we feel useful, and the work we do feels like play to us." - Julia Cameron ***This blog is an expression of what I was meant to do. What I really wanted to do was to live a creative life, to fill it with zeal and delight, and to be beacon of light to the world. You are welcome to join me in this journey.***

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Checkpoint 2007

I realize that my last blog was written nearly a year ago. Now that 2007 is about to end, I think it's just but apt for me to do a recap of where I've been vs. where I'd like myself to be.

Yes, I still love orange but I have developed a fondness for yellow green.
Yes, I stilI love being called "creative" and "artist".
Yes, I still love dirty ice cream.
Yes, I still fancy doing business travel in the past and now I AM doing business travel. Malaysia being my first but will definitely not be my last.
Yes, I still love immersing in a different culture.
Yes, I stilI love making new friends. Colleagues for starters.
Yes, I still love books, especially inspirational, spiritual, psychology, and new age. I especially like Julia Cameron, SARK, Louise Hay, and Paolo Coelho.
Yes, I still love Celine Dion and Josh Groban music but probably more on the latter. I also like Maksim Mrvica piano instrumentals.
Yes, I am still a deep thinker but can also shallow at times when I get tired of thinking.
Yes, I still appreciate good humour but also appreciate being a bit more serious about life.
Yes, I can still crack out-of-this-world jokes.
Yes, I still admire fellow women who are smart, gutsy, independent, and straight to the point. I have two new workmates whom I consider as such.
Yes, I still love musicals and plays but no longer have time to enjoy this type of pleasure.
Yes, I still and will always love travel, esp. in foreign land. My goal to visit at least one new country and one new local place every year will not change. I still like to visit Europe and Africa someday, I am saving for it, but I've recently added Australia to the list. Bottomline is I'd like to visit another continent.
Yes, I am insightful but not everyone may appreciate it.
Yes, I am a thoughtful person but have not been consistently thoughtful. I can be incredibly insensitive at times.
Yes, I love a good adventure but my figure is preventing me from enjoying it.
Yes, I can be both good and bad at the same time. Everyone has a dark side. It's upto us to find the balance.

New on my list:
I find Cantonese language cool. I find great joy in listening to my cousins in HK chat away in their native language. I have also resumed watching modern HK TV series in the original Cantonese language, with and without Mandarin subtitles.
I have started to become proud of my Chinese heritage but am perfectly comfortable in the company of my Filipino friends and acquaintances. It's not exactly what my mom (who has essentially a traditional mindset) would agree to but that's the way it is. I am actually trying to challenge my own "racial meter".
I cannot imagine myself having a boyfriend yet because I do not consider myself a girlfriend material at the moment. People I know are getting married and having kids, or having kids then getting married. I didn't think I would be able to accept such imperfection had this been during my college years but times have changed and you'll just have to accept people as they are.
I love singing along and moving my body to the rhythm of music.

What I'd like to have but still am still working on w/o a deadline are:
-acceptance, abundance, clarity, decisiveness, self-security, self-love, a healthy lifestyle, trust, spontaneity, optimism, character, consistency, self-discipline to focus on the essentials.

My major roadblock is obesity. I had allowed it to happen and I must take responsibility and find a way to conquer it. Otherwise I cannot move forward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home