"What we really want to do is what we are really meant to do. When we do what we are meant to do, money comes to us, doors open for us, we feel useful, and the work we do feels like play to us." - Julia Cameron ***This blog is an expression of what I was meant to do. What I really wanted to do was to live a creative life, to fill it with zeal and delight, and to be beacon of light to the world. You are welcome to join me in this journey.***

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Celebrating 31 blessed years of existence

Yesterday, I just turned 31. Again another milestone for the year after the Western New Year (Jan. 1), Chinese New Year (Jan. 26).

I have decided I am going to spend the next 30-50 years of my life taking action. Yes, that's the word - ACTION! Creating tangible, measurable results through DISCIPLINE, COMMITMENT, and ACTION. That means zero tolerations. By results, I mean monetary results (tangible) and through testimonies (for intangible). This will definitely involve RESPONSIBILITY & SPONTANEITY.

And before I forget, I'm listing down actions that I plan to accomplish before my next birthday.

  • Build my competency as a writer
    • Blogging my experiences & reflections (movies, learning events, travels, special events, work)
    • Read up Lifestyle magazines & blogs
    • Do Toastmasters evaluation, impromptu speaking
  • Build my competency as a events coordinator (seminars, travels, special occasions)
    • Family event planning and implementation
    • Seminar staffing
    • Travel event staffing
    • Wedding event staffing
    • Getting involved in organizing & planning special events
  • Build the foundation of my coaching practice
    • Get involved in life-coaching programs
    • Coach 10 people to success
    • Do Toastmasters mentoring
  • Master a series of relevant technical skills specialization for me to become a technology solutions consultant
    • Project management
    • Database administration
    • Pricing & negotiation
    • Supplier & customer relations management
    • Graphics & video design & editing
  • Get involved in health & wellness activities
    • Regular Yogilates sessions
    • Semi-triathlon activities (running & swimming)
    • Proper grooming
  • Shift to a promoter-controller style whenever the occasion permits

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home