"What we really want to do is what we are really meant to do. When we do what we are meant to do, money comes to us, doors open for us, we feel useful, and the work we do feels like play to us." - Julia Cameron ***This blog is an expression of what I was meant to do. What I really wanted to do was to live a creative life, to fill it with zeal and delight, and to be beacon of light to the world. You are welcome to join me in this journey.***

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

IT IS WRITTEN.

So I'm back!

I'm supposed to update the contents of a certain website but I couldn't start.
I'm supposed to update my action plans and milestones for my goals for submission this afternoon but I couldn't start.
I'm supposed to update my resume for submission to headhunters and prospect companies but I couldn't start.
I'm supposed to prepare for my BSP10 graduation speech for next week but I couldn't start. (I've procrastinated this task for 2 months.)

Why couldn't I start? Because I have so many things on my mind. I'm bothered. Very bothered.

Last week was crazy. I had to come up with a decision whether or not to stay in my sales & marketing job and lead a sales team as part of my responsibilities. It has been 3 months. Along the way, I have picked up some skills in sales, presentation, and business in a very flexible work environment. And I was lucky enough to have competent and understanding bosses who could read through me and had mentored me to grow and learn.

Basically, I couldn't commit to doing that job because I knew that sales isn't my passion. I can do it for the sake of doing and can become good at it in due time, but I need a more intrinsic motivation.
I had begun to like the job and enjoy the simplicity of the work environment but then I knew I wouldn't stay long because I knew deep inside that this isn't the field where I feel I would excel in.

So there you go. I wanted to be in a field where I would excel in. And I would excel in it because I know it is my passion. M
y passion is in educating people and transforming lives. I have this burning need to express myself, express my full potential. Everytime I do something that's not aligned to my values, I feel small.

Somewhere in between deciding whether to pursue my coaching accreditation and whether to stay in the retail company or not, somehow the answer came to me. I chose coaching.

Last week, I got nominated to be club president for the next term July 2009 to June 2010. The idea of assuming a top position scares the hell out of me. I've always avoided occupying a lead post. I'm perfectly okay to assume a 2nd in line position because it's safe. I don't like my making big decisions and I can always defer the final decision to the top person. I know there are 2 other more qualified persons in the club who could take on the leadership role but the other one had to relocate due to a career change, the other way has priorities with the family. And me, I don't have a career, nor do I have a family to raise. So what does that leave me?

Though I didn't want to admit it, I know that deep within me I wanted to accept this challenge because I felt that the universe has somehow laid out this opportunity to me. IT IS WRITTEN. I have ideas on how to make the club work but I'll need the support of my predecessors and my current team of officers. I have to maintain a positive, optimistic disposition. I have my inner battles to fight with. I have my weaknesses to overcome and I have my strengths waiting to shine and unleash its power. By accepting the responsibility to lead an organization that supports communication and leadership development, I am living my values. I am doing something that is aligned to my purpose.

So be it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home